CNSC guest speakers
The CNSC hosts guest speakers on topics of interest to CNSC staff. These sessions take place on a regular basis throughout the year. The Guest Speaker Series is open to all CNSC staff and members of the public.
For more information please contact Jennifer Czerneda.
Upcoming guest speakers
- On July 26, from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m., Mr. Masahito Yoshimura, Senior Vice President of Hitachi-GE Nuclear Energy, Ltd., will share his perspective as one of the nuclear industry’s principle vendors.
- On July 27, from 2:30 to 4:00 p.m., Ms. Laura Rockwood, Executive Director of the Vienna Center for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation, will share her perspective on International Atomic Energy Agency safeguards in relation to global nuclear non-proliferation efforts, and what this means to safety regulators.
- On July 28, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Mr. Henry-Jacques Neau, Secretary General, World Nuclear Transport Institute, will share his perspective on the secure packaging and transport of nuclear substances and radioactive material.
- On August 3, from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Mr. Jacques Regaldo, Chairman of the World Association of Nuclear Operators, will share his perspective on the operational safety and reliability of nuclear power plants.
- Also on August 3, from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m., Mr. William Magwood, Director General of the Nuclear Energy Agency, will share his perspective on nuclear regulatory independence, the importance of scientific and technical fact-based regulation making, as well as current and future nuclear energy issues and trends.
- Date modified: