Types of Environmental Assessments
There are two types of Environmental Assessments (EAs) at CNSC: screenings and comprehensive studies – both of which can be referred to a review panel, if the situation warrants. Mediators can also be engaged in the EA process to help resolve issues, but to date, no mediator has ever been retained in a federal EA in Canada. Most EAs at CNSC are screenings.
- Find out more about screenings
- Find out more about comprehensive studies
- Find out more about review panels
- For more information about EAs, see Frequently Asked Questions about EAs
- Process Improvement Initiatives for Screening EAs at CNSC