Document History of RD/GD-369, Licence Application Guide: Licence to Construct a Nuclear Power Plant
Published August 2011.
- August 2011: RD/GD-369 published. View Information Bulletin 11-13 for more information. Also, see the consultation report (PDF) and the comments received from public consultation (PDF). Note that comments are posted and answered in the language in which they were submitted.
- November 30, 2010: View comments received during the second consultation.
- October 29, 2010: Second consultation has ended.
- October 15, 2010: Second consultation period has been extended to October 29, 2010. Read Information Bulletin 10-25 for additional details.
- September 30 - October 15, 2010: Second consultation. Invitation to provide feedback on the comments received during the first consultation is open for a 15 day period. View comments received during the first consultation and invitation to provide feedback on these comments. Note that the comments are posted in the language in which they were received.
- September 17, 2010: First consultation has ended.
- August 23 - September 17, 2010: First consultation. Invitation to comment on the draft document is posted on the CNSC Web site for a 30-day period. Read Information Bulletin 10-19 for additional details.
GD-369 describes the structure and content for a nuclear power plant construction licence application. This document applies to applications for a licence to construct a water-cooled nuclear power plant.
GD-369 closely follows the format of the IAEA Safety Guide No. GS-G-4.1, Format and Content of the Safety Analysis Report for Nuclear Power Plants, but it is more specific to the Canadian context.
In following GD-369, applicants can submit the appropriate information to demonstrate that they are qualified, and will make adequate and reasonable provisions to undertake the activity to be licensed, pursuant to subsection 24(4) of the Nuclear Safety and Control Act and associated regulations.
Find out more about guidance documents.
- General Nuclear Safety and Control Regulations
- Radiation Protection Regulations
- Class I Nuclear Facilities Regulations
- Class II Nuclear Facilities and Prescribed Equipment Regulations
- Nuclear Substances and Radiation Devices Regulations
- Nuclear Security Regulations
For questions and information related to draft RD/GD-369, Licence Application Guide: Licence to Construct a Nuclear Power Plant, please contact:
Directorate of Regulatory Improvement and Major Projects Management
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1P 5S9
Telephone: 1-800-668-5284 (Canada only)
- Date modified: