Nuclear-related event reports
The Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) requires its licensees to disclose to the public events and incidents involving its licensed activities that relate to the health, safety and security of Canadians and the environment.
- April 7, 2017: CNL reported to the CNSC that on Friday April 7, CNL fire response personnel responded to an alarm at a small utility building located at the Chalk River site.
- March 26, 2017: Worker injured at Bruce B Nuclear generating Station
- February 10, 2017: Contaminated motor sent from Darlington Nuclear Generating Station to a third-party company
- February 6, 2017: Fire reported at Mississauga Metals and Alloys Facility
- January 23, 2017: Elevated levels of hydrogen sulphide gas detected at Port Granby Low-Level Radioactive Waste Management Facility
- January 7, 2017: Contained leak of uranium hexafluoride (UF6) at Cameco’s Port Hope Conversion Facility
- December 2, 2016: Transport accident involving uranium concentrate on route to Cameco’s Blind River Refinery
Below is a list of nuclear industries, click on an industry in the list to view the events and incidents released to the public pertaining to that industry. Please visit licensees' websites for complete listing of their events and incidents, and to view their public disclosure protocols.
Event reports by sector:
- Uranium mines and mills
- Uranium processing and fuel fabrication facilities
- Nuclear power plants
- Class II nuclear facilities (These facilities are used in medicine, cancer therapy and research)
- Nuclear substance processing facilities
- Radiation device licensees
- Research reactors
- Transport / in transit events
- Closed and decommissioned uranium mines and mills
- Waste management facilities
- Date modified: