Nuclear-related event reports
The CNSC requires its licensees to disclose to the public events and incidents involving its licensed activities that relate to the health, safety and security of Canadians and the environment.
- November 1, 2021: Reportable event from Eastern Regional Health Authority
- August 20, 2021: Reportable event from Mississauga Metals and Alloys
- July 5, 2021: Regulatory Action issued to all nuclear power plants
- June 30, 2021: Cameco’s Cigar Lake mine temporarily shutdown due to forest fire
- June 14, 2021: Reportable event from Kinectrics Inc.
- June 3, 2021: Event at Cameco Fuel Manufacturing
Below is a list of nuclear industries, click on an industry in the list to view the events and incidents released to the public pertaining to that industry. Please visit licensees' websites for complete listing of their events and incidents, and to view their public disclosure protocols.
Event reports by sector:
- Academic and research
- Uranium mines and mills
- Uranium processing and fuel fabrication facilities
- Nuclear power plants
- Class IB nuclear facilities
- Class II nuclear facilities (These facilities are used in medicine, cancer therapy and research)
- Nuclear Medicine
- Nuclear substance processing facilities
- Radiation device licensees
- Research reactors
- Transport / in transit events
- Closed and decommissioned uranium mines and mills
- Waste management facilities
- Date modified: