History of Discussion Paper DIS-12-01, Protection of Groundwater at Nuclear Facilities in Canada
Period for providing feedback on the comments received ended on September 13, 2012.
- October 3, 2012: View feedback provided on the comments.
- September 13, 2012: Period for providing feedback on the comments received has closed.
- August 14, 2012: Deadline to provide feedback on comments received is extended to September 13, 2012. View Information Bulletin 12-37 for further details.
- July 30, 2012 to August 14, 2012: Invitation to provide feedback on the comments received during consultation is open for 10 business days. View comments received during consultation and invitation to provide feedback on these comments. Note that the comments are posted in the language in which they were received. June 30, 2012: Consultation has ended
- June 11, 2012: Consultation period is further extended to June 30, 2012 (Information Bulletin 12-25)
- March 19, 2012: Consultation period is extended to June 15, 2012 (Information Bulletin 12-10)
- February 17 to April 16, 2012: Consultation. An invitation to comment on the document is posted on the CNSC Web site for a 60-day period. Read the consultation HTML version of the document, along with Information Bulletin 12-06, for further details.
This Discussion Paper sets out a proposed approach for providing direction to current licensees and new applicants of nuclear facilities in Canada to ensure the protection of groundwater. These facilities include Class I nuclear facilities, uranium mines and mills and nuclear waste management facilities. The Discussion Paper proposes to consolidate, clarify and build on existing environmental protection requirements. Adoption of this proposed approach would provide future regulatory direction to nuclear facility licensees.
For questions or information directly related to DIS-12-01, please contact:
Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
P. O. Box 1046, Station B
Ottawa, ON K1P 5S9
Telephone: 613-995-5894 or 1-800-668-5284 (Canada only)